[Box Backup] Box Backup 0.11rc2 on OS X 10.5

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:34:23 +0100

Hello Chris:

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:42:55 +0000 (GMT), Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com>
wrote:
> I think Box Backup is not designed to really do snapshots and it's a big
> change. I wish I had time to do it.
>
> What would you say are the advantages of Box over Cumulus, i.e. why
> shouldn't I give up on Box and start using Cumulus instead?

:-)

You mean apart from massive user base and great community, code maturity,
great developer response time, multi-platform support, and (as of today)
several GUIs to choose from?

>> I can also send you the logs per e-mail if that helps you!
>
> Yes please, but without a mac to work on I can't promise to fix them.

OK, will do.

> I think it's technically possible, but not trivial. Files can have new
> attributes applied, including timestamps, without re-uploading them, but
> don't think directories can at the moment.
>
> Do you actually use either of these? I.e. do you actually care if they're

> backed up or not?

I do not rely on these features for personal use at the moment, but I am a
bit hesitant to roll out Box Backup in a larger scale with the current
situation. Some clients have 100+ GB of application data, and I simply do
not know if there is perhaps one program that requires correct folder date
stamps. I am also a bit surprised that nobody else seems to have that
perception: is it because it is not a real concern or because nobody needs
that feature?

Best regards,

Achim