[Box Backup] gcc 4.3 boxbackup-0.11rc2 compilation errors

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:24:27 +0100 (CET)

--8323328-490902832-1237908274=:3289

Hi Nestor,

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, N=E9stor Arocha Rodr=EDguez wrote:

> I wasn't able to compile boxbackup 0.11rc2 in my system (gentoo, amd64,=
=20
> gcc 4.3.3). make command returns the following message:
>
> [CXX]     Logging.cpp
> Logging.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool Console::Log(Log::Level, co=
nst std::string&, int, std::string&)':
> Logging.cpp:290: error: 'strerror' was not declared in this scope

Thanks, i think this was already fixed in trunk some time ago, will add a=
=20
note to that effect on the website.

> I have another question: Is there a way to tell to configure that I want=
=20
> to disable memory leak detection? Currently I'm modifying BoxPlatform.h=
=20
> by hand after calling ./configure, but I'm feeling I'm doing it wrong.

There's no way to configure for a debug build without memory leak checking=
=20
as I don't understand why anyone would want to do so?

Memory leak checking has no effect on release builds in any case.

Cheers, Chris.
--=20
--8323328-490902832-1237908274=:3289--