[Box Backup] Compiling boxbackup

Kenny Millington boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 23:22:55 +0000

Hi,

> This line of makeparcels.pl.in looks pretty dodgy to me:
>
>  	print MAKE <<EOF if $product_version =~ /trunk_[0-9]+/;
>
> Your copy of the trunk has no version because it's exported, not checked
> out. I'll see if I can find a better way to code this.

Damn you beat me to it, I'd just dug around and discovered that! I was
just about to reply saying setting the version to trunk_2467 in
VERSION.txt makes it work. ;-)

> Out of curiosity, why do you export rather than checkout? Is it necessary?

I'm actually building myself a Debian(/Ubuntu) package of latest trunk
(for my own use) and so I naturally cleaned up (removed) the .svn/
directory without giving it a second thought.

I guess in the normal order of things the packager would be downloading
a proper release with the docs already built. This is definitely worth
knowing about but IMO I don't think it's a major issue. :-)

Thanks for your prompt replies,
--
Kenny Millington
Systems Developer

3aIT Limited - Official Corporate Sponsor of the British Bobsleigh Team

4-10 Barttelot Rd   Horsham   West Sussex   RH12 1DQ
CoReg: 3866698   VATReg: 771388600
T: +44 (0)870 881 5097   F: +44 (0)870 116 0793

Visit www.3aIT.co.uk for Design, Systems, Support

Disclaimer:
The information contained within this email is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or
distribution of this email is prohibited and may be unlawful. The
content of this email represents the views of the individual and not
necessarily 3aIT Limited.  3aIT Limited reserves the right to monitor
the content of all emails in accordance with lawful business
practice. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that attachments are
free from computer viruses before transmission, 3aIT Limited does not
accept any liability in respect of any virus that is not detected.