[Box Backup] Working instructions to compile Box Backup Trunk under Cygwin

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:32:43 +0200

Hello Chris:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:10:08 +0100 (CET), Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Achim wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 18:58:31 +0100 (CET), Chris Wilson <chris@qwirx.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I have always installed Cygwin using the default "Unix line ending"
>>> configuration. I wonder if you did the same? If not, perhaps that is
the
>>> cause of the problems you experienced?
>>
>> I also install with the default "Unix/binary (recommended)" setting, so
>> that unlikely to be the source.
>
> What subversion client did you use to check out the source?

$ svn --version
svn, version 1.2.3 (r15833)
   compiled Aug 19 2005, 23:10:39

Copyright (C) 2000-2005 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme
* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

downloaded from [1] as suggested by the Box Backup Wiki instructions [2].
Suprisingly the tgz archive for 0.11rc2 had no such problems, not sure
whether this is an effect of Tar and Gzip doing the conversion
automagically?

Best regards,

Achim

[1]