[Box Backup] Crosscompiling boxbackup-0.10 for a Router (freetz)

Chris Wilson boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:15:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mirko,

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Mirko wrote:

> it turns out, that your change to the source code is not necessary to
> compile Daemon.cpp, but you hint at the right direction. I have attached
> a patch (against the 0.10 Sources) which will make the sources compile
> with this cross-compiler. But as I get linking errors afterwards,
>
> ../../release/lib/backupclient/backupclient.a(BackupStoreFile.o): In function
> `Compress<false>::Compress()':
> BackupStoreFile.cpp:(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN8CompressILb0EEC1Ev+0xa8): undefined
> reference to `inflateInit_'

I was able to compile the code for myself with no problems, after I made
some changes to the configure script to enable cross-compiling. I suspect
that you may have made different changes and as a result broken your build
process.

I think i have fixed most of the issues now, but you will need to comment
out the AX_RANDOM_DEVICE line in configure.ac before running bootstrap.

Please could you try checking out a completely fresh copy, making
that change, and then configuring and building like this:

 	export PATH=/tmp/freetz-trunk/toolchain/build/gcc-4.2.1-uClibc-0.9.29/mipsel-linux-uclibc/usr/bin:$PATH
 	./configure --host=mipsel-linux
 	make

and see how far that gets you?