[Box Backup] Working instructions to compile Box Backup Trunk under Cygwin

Achim boxbackup@boxbackup.org
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:30:06 +0200

Hello Chris:

On 31/3/09 15:48, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Achim wrote:
>> Please find enclosed as promised the final instructions and unified
>> diff for building Box Backup in Cygwin from trunk for inclusion in SVN
>> and Trac if you like.
>
> Thanks, updated.

Just to clarify: the build instructions I outlined eliminate the need
for the following DLLs to be included in the directory (and the parcels
for that matter):

* openssl\out32dll\libeay32.dll
* openssl\out32dll\ssleay32.dll
* zlib\zlib1.dll

The documentation [1] still mentions that you have to copy the files,
whereas I do not see a need to do so: only the actual .exe files,
mingwm10.dll and (depending on the "--enable-static-bin" flag) mgwz.dll
are required. The parcels reflect this, and I can simply copy a parcel
and unpack it, and the result is a working client.

Best regards, Achim

[1]
<https://www.boxbackup.org/svn/box/trunk/docs/api-notes/win32_build_on_cygwin_using_mingw.txt>