[Box Backup] New Boxi Win32 binary available

Roy boxbackup at hostingbrothers.nl
Mon Sep 7 13:58:11 BST 2009

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Roy,

>>> my >  PC it then still compares everything. I also don't see an
>>> option to >  do a quick of thorough compare. It looks like a
>>> thorough compare, >  because of the traffic it generates.
>>
>> I did a complete compare (because of this bug). And got a lot of
>> errors. But all of them are: Local file xxx has different attributes
>> to store file yyy. Is that a problem? Or is this a problem in the way
>> that file attributes work under Windows?
>
> There should not be any attribute compare errors even under Windows.
> This sounds like a bug to me. Could you try a compare with
> bbackupquery to see if it reports the same errors? Can you provide any
> more details about which files fail the compare, and what bbackupquery
> shows their attributes on the server to be, compared with their
> attributes on your filesystem?
>
> Cheers, Chris.
It has been a while since I replied on this topic. But now I installed
the latest version (2520) and tried to compare a directory tree. I still
got lots of errors about the different attributes. I tested it with
bbackupquery instead of boxi this time. So something is wrong here... I
have BB running in debug = trace mode, so I've got a big logfile of what
is going on.

How can I log the output from a compare action to a logfile?

Also it seems that BB is backuping  quit a lot, because everyday a lot
of data has passed over the line (following from the BB logs on the
server). Maybe this problem is related to the different attributes?
Because it is much more than the data that has been changed.

Cheers,

Roy