[Box Backup] OpenSSL 1.0.0-beta3 for Box Backup/Boxi

Achim achim+box at qustodium.net
Thu Sep 17 12:51:21 BST 2009

Hello Edo:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:59:46 -0700 (PDT), scartomail
<scartomail at yahoo.com>
wrote:
>> NotifyScript = NotifySysAdmin.cmd
>
> I understand what you mean and set the bbackupd.conf file the way you
said.
> The cmd file consists of the line "echo hello world > test.log", can't
go
> wrong this way, right?

In theory not, in practice apparently yes :-o

> Still nothing hapens, no test.log file is created.

Perhaps the file is created in an obscure location: program directory,
configuration directory, current working directory, ...

> I have setup the bbackupd.conf file to startup the cmd file from the
> c:\temp directory and write there, just to be sure it had nothing to do
> with ACL rights.
>
> [..]
>
> Do you have anymore tips?

You specified the full path to NotifySysAdmin.cmd? What if you specify
also the full path to the destination file (make sure c:\temp exists!):

NotifySysAdmin.cmd
Notepad.exe
echo hello world > c:\temp\test.log

You could try to use "notepad.exe" in the script to see if BB opens
Notepad.exe...

For me the functionality works just fine, so I cannot imagine what else
could be wrong.