[Box Backup] Unnecessary upload and logging compares

Chris Wilson chris at qwirx.com
Fri Sep 18 23:26:35 BST 2009

Hi Roy,

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Roy wrote:

>> >  How can I see, what is causing this big uploads? Which files are
>> >  uploaded?
>>
>>  Try enabling the "LogAllFileAccess = yes" option on the client, it
>>  should tell you which files were uploaded, and whether they were
>>  completely uploaded or as patches.
>>
> Will do this. But where is it logged then? In the eventviewer? I hope not,
> because you cannot easily read that, like you can with a logfile.

It's using the logging framework. By default it will go to the console, if
you run bbackupd from the console, and the system logs (Windows Event Log
on Windows). However you can use LogFile and LogFileLevel (in
bbackupd.conf) to have them written to a file as well.

\  __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <chris+sig at qwirx.com> Cambs UK |