[IWE] Maintaining a central log where sysadmins will place their work

William Oxley iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:31:20 -0500

We are placing a file to log changes we make in our systems. Since 2 =
people editing the file via vi may overwrite anothers comments we need =
to put a little front end in place to cocatenate the new entries onto =
the file. The file is just a collection of fields where we indicate what =
changes we make to a system as we do them. Now rather than re-invent the =
wheel or go to a hard copy log book is anyone using a piece of software =
Open Source preferable that tracks those sorts of things?
thanx,
bill