[IWE] It's Peter's fault...

D. Scott Katzer iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:22:35 -0500

Peter Whysall wrote:

>>> You need to fix this part.
>>
>> I have too many addictions as it is, thank you very much.  :-)
>
> One more won't hurt, then, will it?

You tell me.  :-)

I downloaded the Exodus 0.9 Win32 client (I couldn't quickly find what
you had recommended in the past) and installed it.  I have a few
questions...

How do I fill out the Login Profile settings?

Profile Tab:
a) Do I make up a Username?  It doesn't like "Another Scott" - I guess
the space is a no no.
b) Do I use "conference.guildenstern.dyndns.org" or "iwethey.org" or
something else for the Server?
c) What should I use as a Resource?  Is that just a name for a set of
settings?
d) How to I get a Password?

Connection Tab:
I assume the defaults are OK:
Type: Normal
x Automatically discover host and port
Host: (blank)
Port: 5222 (gray)

Proxy Tab:
Type: None

HTTP Polling:
(Defaults)

I guess once I get connected it'll sort-of fall into place....

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.  I think....

Cheers,
Scott.