[IWE] Woo ... Project Death Spiral?

Drew Kime iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:41:59 -0700 (PDT)

We have a daily conference call to update the status of Really Big
Project.  I raised an issue on yesterday's call that exposed some
assumptions: director of operations thought a certain version of an
app was going to be installed on a certain date; director of IT
didn't plan on installing until the next version was done, several
weeks later.  There was a little blow-up on the call, then ops
decided to "take the issue offline" and have a little meeting about
it.

Just had our daily call for today.  There was another little blow-up.
 I talked to ops afterward.  Without being too specific, I heard the
phrases: "scathing email", "pissed off it came up on that call" and
"trying to use me as a scapegoat in case he fails to hit his
deadline".  Hmm ... that wasn't too specific, was it?

Anon (not really)

http://mail.yahoo.com