[IWE] Gory details -- UPDATE

Drew Kime iwe@warhead.org.uk
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:02:02 -0800 (PST)

Well now it's getting interesting.

As I believe I mentioned before [goes and checks ... yup, I
mentioned] the tech lead at the corporate IT Dept told them Friday
she was off the project.  I just got a call from her.

Something I didn't mention earlier is that this project already ate
the corporate IT Director and VP/CIO.  Well the new VP/CIO spent most
of today negotiating with the tech lead to bring her back on board.
I don't know if she got everything she asked for, but she got enough
to come back on the project?

"And what would that include?" they ask with bated breath.

Starting today, all testing for this project goes through the
corporate IT department.  One of the two people who will be signing
off was supposed to be visiting for two days at the end of this
month, then I was going to go with her to California for the second
half of the week.  We were putting together a PMO to actually impose
some structure on things.

That person has gotten the go-ahead from VP/CIO to bring me in as a
consultant.  I would technically be reporting to either the IT
Director or directly to the VP/CIO ... that will have to be worked
out while we're negotiating my price.

Man, this is going to be fun.

Drew

PS: Barry, I didn't even have to do it myself.  Who was that who
said, "It's not what you know, it's who you know"?  Well in this case
it's more like, "It's who knows what you know."