[IWE] UPDATE

Jay Burns IV iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:28:20 -0600

--------------000107070804030306010302

Know about VNC, heard about SSH.

Next idiot question goes something like, "VNC or SSH to /where/?"  Home
machine is generally off, and even if it were on, I currently haven't
the slightest idea 1) what my cable modem's IP address is, and 2) How to
get access to it on the other side of the router.

(I'm educable, though, so any ideas on how to do that?  The
"documentation" that accompanies the router is just the other side of
useless, and Comcast is generally inaccessible...)

jb4

Bill Patient wrote:
> ssh and vnc are your friends.

<head>
</head>
Next idiot question goes something like, "VNC or SSH to <i>where</i>?"&nbsp;
Home machine is generally off, and even if it were on, I currently
haven't the slightest idea 1) what my cable modem's IP address is, and
2) How to get access to it on the other side of the router.<br>
(I'm educable, though, so any ideas on how to do that?&nbsp; The
"documentation" that accompanies the router is just the other side of
useless, and Comcast is generally inaccessible...)<br>
jb4<br>
Bill Patient wrote:
 type="cite">
  <title></title>
 face="Tahoma" size="2">-----Original Message-----<br>
    <b>From:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:iwe-admin@warhead.org.uk">iwe-admin@warhead.org.uk</a>
    <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:iwe@warhead.org.uk">iwe@warhead.org.uk</a><br>
I feel blood beginning to return to my extremities.<br>
BTW, when you put all this stuff back together, would you see about
some "countermeasures" to allow me to get around Large Giant Corp.'s
blocking stuff?&nbsp; I (and Drew,&nbsp; IIRC) would appreciate anything you
could do in that area...<br>
thanx-<br>
jb4<br>
Scott Anderson wrote:
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">Another update:

[...]

On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 15:57 -0500, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
dont worry about it, the list works just fine for now. Get better and
when you have time take a look at it.
thanx,
bill

I'm still sick, both flu and fibromyalgia, not to mention highly
stressed at work and home for various reasons.

I managed to get the colo facility to reboot the machine once, but it
was done improperly, and I'm not getting any responses from them now
about the contents of the console.

Additionally, I haven't gotten any responses, phone or email, from them
on the subject of getting in to look at the machine in person.

Until any of that happens, nothing will happen, unfortunately. I
apologize to everyone for the lengthy hiatus, but that's how it goes
with hardware problems sometimes.

Regards,
-scott

              <pre wrap="">We had another ice storm and I lost power, but it's
back on again. Has anyone heard anything about Scott
Admin? Is he still sick? Man I hope he's getting
better, it's been a long time.

Brenda

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/iwe">http://lists.warhead.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/iwe</a>