[IWE] 'Der Spiegel' re China worldwide pollution

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 00:30:13 -0800

via Salon:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/02/12/china_pollution/index.html?source=newsletter

> China now produces tons of cheap clothes, electronics and raw
> materials -- and dizzying amounts of pollution beginning to taint the
> globe.
>
> By Andreas Lorenz and Wieland Wagner

For the 'scale and relativity' file - another example of the Real Cost
of all those cheap gizmoes from WalCoscoTargetMart - and their Euro
mega-brethren.  And, just in time: have we dizzyingly precise new means
of tagging worldwide pollution to its sources.. kinda like the little
numbered tags in explosives.

Heh.. ship off containerloads of all those obsolete 6 mo. old computer
toys and still-OK but not-Slim-enough monitors;
see the boards burned in open air, for the trace gold flashing: get the
carcinogens anyway, by Fed-Ex aerosol delivery.  Karma lives.

So then.. just how many impending near-Terminal catastrophes can the
jelloware er, multi-task?

In other news - noted a deer family, couple of yearlings.. casually
strolling past the front of the house, in a light drizzle.
They froze, natch  {Oops.. look first}  apparently decided I had no
obvious gatling gun or other infernal 'sports' device - continued
meandering.  They were obviously sane.  How are we?