[IWE] Update

Scott Anderson iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:57:31 -0500

Update:

The machine itself is nearly ready. Apache is set up, the proxy system
is working, and I have been reading the posts that were added since my
last visit and before the crash. I also have backups running and only
need to set up the remote backups to finish that portion of the task.

There is, however, a snag.

I've transitioned the database to Postgresql 7.4, but apparently the
date handling has changed somewhat. I'm currently pursuing fixes to the
problems but have not had any luck so far. Right now mark read
functionality is broken, and I'm thinking that's probably somewhat
important to the whole experience.

The fallback position, which I'm not keen on, is to drop back to 7.2.

The big work project I've been on gets dropped in production this
weekend, so hopefully I get some more free time after that point.

Once the date handling snag is worked out and I have remote backups
running, I'll move the machine to the colo and open it for bidness.

-scott