[IWE] Re: PDF printing question

Barry Roomberg iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:39:17 -0500

Don't worry, be happy.

#1 - I use PDFCreator to creat the background from and Excel spreadsheet,
works great.
#2 - I then use a Perl script with lots of arguments to lay the data out.
Here is an example of the driver file:

687|67|Times-Bold|14|txtJobType
"|86|"|"|txtJobID
"|180|"|"|txtCustomer
"|356|"|"|txtSegment
"|472|"|"|Today
!now Today
-35|112|"|"|dtpPrintDueDate
"|298|"|"|dtpMailDate
"|484|"|"|txtStartSeq
-33|112|"|"|USERNAME
"|298|"|"|cmbAccountManager
"|484|"|"|txtEndSeq
!env USERNAME

Many more fields to follow.
The number are X/Y co-oords or font size, and I allow math or repetition dto
pull from the previous entry.

I then run the PDF through ghostscript, and then simply
"copy out.pcl \\server\printer" which prints fine.

All from my interactive C# application.

Or, if the user checks the right box, I call acrobat for display and then let
them choose the windows printer and pritner interactivel.

#

On Thurs