[IWE] Must be the time of year :-(

iwe@warhead.org.uk iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:05:50 -0500

----------MB_8C9108F960C9407_103C_EE2F_WEBMAIL-DC01.sysops.aol.com

 letter sent out to the school board
=20
 CC: all school board members via email
=20
 My son re-enrolled at Woodstock Highschool on January 12th 2007. He had bee=
n home schooled since September 2006 after withdrawing from Woodstock High a=
t the request of the school. Yesterday January 26th 2007 an incident took pl=
ace at the school.
=20
 According to my son a white male slammed him into a wall and he defended hi=
mself. The actions took place very quickly with 4 school personnel separatin=
g them.=20
=20
 What happened next is either blatant racism as my son is of mixed race, or=20=
bigotry towards a student with a history of diagnosed mental issues. As the=20=
Americans with Disabilities Act defines as
=20
 "(B) any mental or psychological disorder, such as mental retardation, orga=
nic brain syndrome, emotional or mental illness, and specific learning disab=
ilities."
=20
 My son was held, the other student released. When he asked why school perso=
nnel stated "that he(Levi) was important, the other student not." That is ba=
se discrimination. He asked to picked up his jacket that contained his MP3 p=
layer, he was told to leave it on the ground. The School district policy dic=
tates that=20
=20
 3. Whenever a search is to take place, the student should be escorted=20
 from the class or activity area to the search location. Stops along the=20
 way (restroom, locker) should be avoided. All personal property,=20
 including books, jackets, hats, tote bags, and purses should be brought=20
 by the student from the classroom or activity area to the search=20
 location.=20
=20
 By Policy, he should have been able to pickup his personal items immediatel=
y.
=20
 Now lets proceed to the search. According to the manual
=20
 G. Imminent Danger=20
=20
 Administrators and school police officers should not hesitate to search a=20
 student when they sense that they or others may be in imminent danger.=20
 Where there is a reasonable basis for believing that a student or other=20
 person is carrying a weapon, administrators should not hesitate for a=20
 moment to stop and pat-down the potentially armed person for weapons.=20
=20
 Any imminent danger had passed, the boys had stopped fighting and the white=
 child was released. As mayhem had already happened without weapons being us=
ed there was an extreme indication that a situation of NO imminent danger ex=
isted. Further the policy states=20
=20
 H. Personal Searches=20
=20
 The right of students as citizens to be free from unreasonable searches and=
=20
 seizures shall be preserved in the schools. Accordingly, school officials=20
 shall proceed with extreme caution when engaging in the search of a=20
 student=E2=80=99s person. The search shall be no more invasive than is reas=
onably=20
 necessary based upon the level of suspicion and the exigent circumstances=20
 then present. Once reasonable grounds to conduct a search have been=20
 established, the following guidelines shall control:=20
=20
 a. Middle and High School Student Searches - Exceptions=20
=20
 1. Personal searches of middle and high school students may be=20
 conducted by school administrators when the health or safety=20
 of the student (or other students) is threatened or at risk.=20
 Reasonable grounds for this assumption must exist prior to the=20
 search. The search shall be carried out by the principal or=20
 designee and should be in the presence of a witness of the same=20
 gender if the level of danger or risk and time will permit.=20
 Parents will be contacted after the search.=20
=20
 Again, reasonable suspicion, why was the other boy not searched? Discrimina=
tory practice. Also I have yet to be contacted by ANY school authorities.
=20
 The next part speaks to searches due to a serious criminal act. Again why w=
as the person defending himself ONLY held and searched?
=20
 3. Where the search of a student appears necessary due to a=20
 serious criminal act, the principal/designee shall,=20
 after informing the student of the action to be taken and the=20
 reasons for the search, contact the student=E2=80=99s parents and or=20
 legal guardian and the school police department.=20
=20
 II. Searches and Seizures by School Police Officers=20
=20
 A. When a law enforcement officer instigates, directs, participates or acqu=
iesces=20
 in a search conducted by school officials, the officer must have probable c=
ause=20
 for the search, even though the school officials acting alone would be trea=
ted=20
 as state officials subject to a lesser constitutional standard for conducti=
ng=20
 searches.=20
=20
 There was NO probable cause for the Police officers to search my son unless=
 he was already under arrest. My son repeatedly requested to press charges a=
gainst his attacker, everyone he spoke to refused to acknowledge his request=
.
=20
 B. Police officers of the Cherokee County School Police Department are requ=
ired=20
 to adhere to the principles of the United States Constitution, applicable f=
ederal=20
 and state laws, and the policies of the General Directives Manual of the=20
 Cherokee County School Police Department when conducting searches of=20
 persons, and/or property.=20
=20
 My son was also accused of the following:
 =E2=80=A2 No Student Shall: (1) display or wear gang articles, paraphernali=
a or clothing which has been established as=20
 being gang related; (2) recruit or solicit membership in any gang or gang r=
elated organization; (3) hold himself=20
 or herself out as a member of a gang, either through words or actions.=20
=20
 A black bandanna in his pocket amounts to being a gang member? When I asked=
 the juvenile justice officer what gang he was supposed to represent they co=
uldn't tell be. It must have been the non white gang.
=20
 Now my son is facing serious criminal charges due to a search that should n=
ot have occurred, I believe it is elements of the administration of the High=
 School that don't want him attending there and are willing to bend any rule=
 to ensure that it happens.=20
=20
 I would like the following to happen.
 All school surveillance tapes during the event to be preserved for any juve=
nile court appearances and as evidence for any civil trial that may take pla=
ce.
=20
 A copy of all the required reports of this incident including the reports o=
f witnesses and of the search.
=20
 An explanation of why Cherokee County School District does not have to educ=
ate my child.
=20
 the found an folding blade in his pocket, he is looking at 1-5years
=20
 FUCK YOU MICHAEL MOORE
  =20
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading s=
pam and email virus protection.

----------MB_8C9108F960C9407_103C_EE2F_WEBMAIL-DC01.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY>
rget=3D"_blank"></a>letter sent out to the school board<br>
CC: all school board members via email<br>
My son re-enrolled at Woodstock Highschool on January 12th 2007. He had been=
 home schooled since September 2006 after withdrawing from Woodstock High at=
 the request of the school. Yesterday January 26th 2007 an incident took pla=
ce at the school.<br>
According to my son a white male slammed him into a wall and he defended him=
self. The actions took place very quickly with 4 school personnel separating=
 them. <br>
What happened next is either blatant racism as my son is of mixed race, or b=
igotry towards a student with a history of diagnosed mental issues. As the A=
mericans with Disabilities Act defines as<br>
&nbsp;"(B) any mental or psychological disorder, such as mental retardation,=
 organic brain syndrome, emotional or mental illness, and specific learning=20=
disabilities."<br>
My son was held, the other student released. When he asked why school person=
nel stated "that he(Levi) was important, the other student not." That is bas=
e discrimination. He asked to picked up his jacket that contained his MP3 pl=
ayer, he was told to leave it on the ground. The School district policy dict=
ates that <br>
&nbsp;3. Whenever a search is to take place, the student should be escorted=20=
from the class or activity area to the search location.&nbsp; Stops along th=
e <br>
way (restroom, locker) should be avoided.&nbsp; All personal property, <br>
including books, jackets, hats, tote bags, and purses should be brought <br>
by the student from the classroom or activity area to the search <br>
location. <br>
By Policy, he should have been able to pickup his personal items immediately=
.<br>
Now lets proceed to the search. According to the manual<br>
G.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Imminent Danger <br>
&nbsp;<br>
Administrators and school police officers should not hesitate to search a <b=
r>
student when they sense that they or others may be in imminent danger. <br>
Where there is a reasonable basis for believing that a student or other <br>
person is carrying a weapon, administrators should not hesitate for a <br>
moment to stop and pat-down the potentially armed person for weapons. <br>
Any imminent danger had passed, the boys had stopped fighting and the white=20=
child was released. As mayhem had already happened without weapons being use=
d there was an extreme indication that a situation of NO imminent danger exi=
sted. Further the policy states <br>
&nbsp;<br>
H.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Personal Searches <br>
&nbsp;<br>
The right of students as citizens to be free from unreasonable searches and=20=
seizures shall be preserved in the schools.&nbsp; Accordingly, school offici=
als <br>
shall proceed with extreme caution when engaging in the search of a <br>
student=E2=80=99s person.&nbsp; The search shall be no more invasive than is=
 reasonably <br>
necessary based upon the level of suspicion and the exigent circumstances <b=
r>
then present.&nbsp; Once reasonable grounds to conduct a search have been <b=
r>
established, the following guidelines shall control: <br>
&nbsp;a.&nbsp; Middle and High School Student Searches - Exceptions <br>
&nbsp;<br>
1. Personal searches of middle and high school students may be <br>
conducted by school administrators when the health or safety <br>
of the student (or other students) is threatened or at risk.&nbsp; <br>
Reasonable grounds for this assumption must exist prior to the <br>
search.&nbsp; The search shall be carried out by the principal or <br>
designee and should be in the presence of a witness of the same <br>
gender if the level of danger or risk and time will permit.&nbsp; <br>
Parents will be contacted after the search. <br>
Again, reasonable suspicion, why was the other boy not searched? Discriminat=
ory practice. Also I have yet to be contacted by ANY school authorities.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
The next part speaks to searches due to a serious criminal act. Again why wa=
s the person defending himself ONLY held and searched?<br>
&nbsp;<br>
3. Where the search of a student appears necessary due to a <br>
serious criminal act, the principal/designee shall, <br>
after informing the student of the action to be taken and the <br>
reasons for the search, contact the student=E2=80=99s parents and or <br>
legal guardian and the school police department.&nbsp; <br>
II. Searches and Seizures by School Police Officers <br>
&nbsp;<br>
A. When a law enforcement officer instigates, directs, participates or acqui=
esces <br>
in a search conducted by school officials, the officer must have probable ca=
use <br>
for the search, even though the school officials acting alone would be treat=
ed <br>
as state officials subject to a lesser constitutional standard for conductin=
g <br>
searches.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
There was NO probable cause for the Police officers to search my son unless=20=
he was already under arrest. My son repeatedly requested to press charges ag=
ainst his attacker, everyone he spoke to refused to acknowledge his request.=
&nbsp;<br>
B. Police officers of the Cherokee County School Police Department are requi=
red <br>
to adhere to the principles of the United States Constitution, applicable fe=
deral <br>
and state laws, and the policies of the General Directives Manual of the <br=

Cherokee County School Police Department when conducting searches of <br>
persons, and/or property. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
My son was also accused of the following:<br>
=E2=80=A2 No Student Shall: (1) display or wear gang articles, paraphernalia=
 or clothing which has been established as <br>
being gang related; (2) recruit or solicit membership in any gang or gang re=
lated organization; (3) hold himself <br>
or herself out as a member of a gang, either through words or actions. <br>
A black bandanna in his pocket amounts to being a gang member? When I asked=20=
the juvenile justice officer what gang he was supposed to represent they cou=
ldn't tell be. It must have been the non white gang.<br>
Now my son is facing serious criminal charges due to a search that should no=
t have occurred,&nbsp; I believe it is elements of the administration of the=
 High School that don't want him attending there and are willing to bend any=
 rule to ensure that it happens. <br>
I would like the following to happen.<br>
All school surveillance tapes during the event&nbsp; to be preserved for any=
 juvenile court appearances and as evidence for any civil trial that may tak=
e place.<br>
A copy of all the required reports of this incident including the reports of=
 witnesses and of the search.<br>
An explanation of why Cherokee County School District does not have to educa=
te my child.<br>
the found an folding blade in his pocket, he is looking at 1-5years<br>
FUCK YOU MICHAEL MOORE<br>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_0_c0fc1407-11da-444c-a679-00285a9690bc -->

<hr style=3D"margin-top:10px;" />
?redir=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaim%2Ecom%2Ffun%2Fmail%2F" target=3D"_blank"><b>=
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail</b></a> -- 2 GB of storage and industry-l=
eading spam and email virus protection.<br />

</BODY></HTML>

----------MB_8C9108F960C9407_103C_EE2F_WEBMAIL-DC01.sysops.aol.com--