[IWE] Palin: the death of a thousand cuts

iwe@warhead.org.uk iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:20:06 -0400

----------MB_8CAF2C1DE17C08F_2B8_D05_webmail-da04.sysops.aol.com

 How does that matchup to Joe Biden declaiming that fdr was on tv immediately following the 1929 stock crash? Also it was pointed out to me that Biden voted against the aslaskan oil pipeline, doesnt sound very savvy to me. No worries he is only running for vice president unlike Palin I suppose.
thanx,
bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Sinclair <tsinclair@mac.com>
To: iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sent: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:31 am
Subject: Re: [IWE] Palin: the death of a thousand cuts

Peter, I'm not sure who might be the U.K. equivalent of Katie "Navy Seals rock!" Couric, but she's a former morning 'news' show presenter noted for her perkiness and complete lack of rigorous interviewing skills.  She was given the anchor position at CBS Evening News after Dan Rather was 'allowed to pursue other opportunities' and their ratings plummeted as the show took a hard turn to the right.?
?

She was just about the most friendly non-Fox interviewer they could have gotten for Sarah Palin, in other words.?
?

As far as I'm concerned, Palin (and the McCain campaign) brought the damage from that interview upon themselves.?
?

On Oct 1, 2008, at 10:22 PM, Peter Whysall wrote:?
?

>?

> On 2 Oct 2008, at 01:01, Rand Careaga wrote:?

>?

>> Biden and Palin are each asked to name a SCOTUS decision with which >> they disagree. They respond, each according to type.?

>>?

>> I agree with TPM's Kurtz:?

>>?

>>> I've never been much of a Katie Couric fan, but I have to give her >>> her due on these Sarah Palin interviews. They don't outweigh all >>> the fluff she's produced over the years, but when her obituary is >>> written, her gentle mauling of Palin will be her signature hard >>> news moment.?

>?

> Ouch.?

>?

> Ouch.?

>?

> Ouch.?

>?

> That was painful to watch.?

>?

> I dunno who this Couric woman is, but her disrobing of Palin's > ignorance (@1:37 Couric: Can you think of any? Palin: Blah blah > history of America blah blah I'm not very well briefed, am I? blah > blah) puts her up there with Paxman's destruction of Michael Howard.?
?

----------MB_8CAF2C1DE17C08F_2B8_D05_webmail-da04.sysops.aol.com

bill<br>

-----Original Message-----<br>