[IWE] Palin co-opted into a Voldemort world

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:59:43 -0700

Anchorage Daily News

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/543289.html

" " "

Buchanan frets about Sarah Palin's radical policy implant by the
neo-conservatives; so should "true conservatives" be distressed by the
McCain campaign's political makeover of the woman many Alaskans once
believed was a reformer. Transparency has been replaced by secrecy;
bipartisan cooperation has been replaced by stonewalling; and the rule
of law is being compromised for political expediency.

For most of our recent history, Alaska has been a virtual political
colony of the Republican National Committee. Add to that the presence of
an Alaskan on the Republican National Ticket, and it is not surprising
that the McCain campaign decided that it is their Natural Law right to
occupy and use Alaska any way it sees fit.

Sarah Palin, who believes her destiny is divinely guided and shares a
messianic zeal with many of her core supporters, has virtually turned
our state government over to the service of her political mission.
Alaska's Department of Law is now under the apparent direction of an
outside alpha-dog attorney, Ed O'Callaghan, who was parachuted into
Alaska by McCain's national campaign to scrub the Palin dirt from the
national lens. One big piece of that dirt is the so-called the
"Troopergate" inquiry, with which we are all familiar. O'Callaghan
reminds me of the Wolf, Harvey Keitel's character in the movie "Pulp
Fiction," whose job was to clean up the blood and ditch the body for the
employer of a couple of careless hit men.

" " "