[IWE] Thanks, you lot

laura iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:30:54 -0400

Peter Whysall wrote:
> I'm rather pleased to see that we've transferred a subset of ZIWT
> operations to the list; naturally, it's not as nice as the web site but
> it's nice to have the fallback.
>
> Please, if you can think of any people who used the web site who would
> enjoy participating on the list, and who aren't subscribed, either
> point them at the subscription page or give me their email address
> (after asking them, of course) and I can subscribe them.
>
> Cheers all

Mike Huber. Give him a shout at Mike at moonwaves dot com. He's
wondering what the heck is going on and you can 'splain it to him better
than I.

I just got out of the hospital. Again. This time it was intestinal
ischemia  and infection caused by yet another tumor.  I went to our
little community hosp because I had to drive myself and couldnt make it
any further. I'm glad I landed there. They put me in a VIP room because
I work for one of their payors. Not too shabby. I also met a new group
of docs whom I liked very much. Especially the GI guy.  He walked into
my room the first time, spun around, and asked me if he had any poop on
his coat. I liked him immediately.   When I finally expelled something
other than blood he got so excited he told me to name it.  He celebrated
every milestone.

He had a talk with me about dying, and he helped me see I'm no different
than anyone else.  We're all dying and no one gets out of this alive.
You take what you've been given and you live appreciatively until you're
done.  It's really no more complicated than that.

So I had more surgery, I get more radiation, I have a boatloads of meds,
and I'll see where this takes me. I'm feeling better and am getting back
to normal functioning again, and as long as I can function, I'm good.