[IWE] Thanks, you lot

Jay Burns IV iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sun, 05 Oct 2008 16:56:19 -0500

--------------060208050206000806050204

Scott-

First, thanks for the feedback on the power supply.  I more believe that
it is a power supply now, because after following a discussion with Greg
via Jabber, it looks like all the alternatives have pretty much been
ruled out.

With regards to you MIL,  this recurring UTA thing started happening
with my dad close to the end.  it got tot he place where his body was so
run down that he just couldn't fight it off any more (that, plus the
fact that it wasn't easy to identify them...the thing about becoming
agitated and talking crazy was the giveaway there, too...).  Keep and
eye on her, and don't forget to tell her you love her....

jb4

D. Scott Katzer wrote:
> Hi Laura,
>
> Good to see you here.  You sound great.  Keep it up!
>
> I'm glad you're doing Ok and hope things settle down a little for you.
>
> laura wrote:
>
>> He had a talk with me about dying, and he helped me see I'm no
>> different than anyone else.  We're all dying and no one gets out of
>> this alive.  You take what you've been given and you live
>> appreciatively until you're done.  It's really no more complicated
>> than that.
>
> Yeah.  We're all fragile and transitory...  :-(
>
> My 89 year old MIL, Ann, was in the hospital this week as a result of
> a bad urinary tract infection (UTI).  She gets them every 2-3 months
> at the nursing home she's at (and it's actually a pretty good nursing
> home, for around here anyway).  We always know when she has one
> because she starts getting more agitated and talking crazy, but the
> administration there won't check for one unless she gets a fever or
> her urine changes smell.  Of course, those are never her symptoms (and
> those often aren't symptoms), so she's been to the hospital twice in
> the last 6 months as a result of the infection getting so bad that she
> gets knocked out.  (The last time she was admitted to a hospital was
> when she had her girls.) The nursing home administration is worried
> about not being reimbursed for the cost of the test, so they let
> things get out of control as a result.  It's madness.  Of course,
> there's a perverse incentive for them to send people to the hospital -
> the family has to private pay to hold her nursing home bed while she's
> away...
>
> (UTI's are very common in the elderly because they don't drink enough
> and because diapers don't get changed promptly.  Bacteria in the
> bladder don't get flushed properly and they it is a great breeding
> ground for nasty problems.)
>
> But Ann's doing better.  She probably doesn't have too much longer,
> though.  She's a sweet little woman, but her Alzheimer's and
> Parkinson's are taking their toll.  She's lost about 10 pounds in the
> last month. Each of these infections take quite a bit out of her as
> well and it's so preventable.
>
> J visits her every day for 2-3 hours and twice a day on the weekends,
> she keeps up with her meds and assists in feeding her and getting her
> to the bathroom, and tries to oversee the (seemingly constant)
> informing of new people at the nursing home about Ann, so there isn't
> too much more she can do.  We just hope that Ann doesn't suffer...  :-(
>

> Enjoy your physicians and medical staff!  They sound great!  :-)
>
>> So I had more surgery, I get more radiation, I have a boatloads of
>> meds, and I'll see where this takes me. I'm feeling better and am
>> getting back to normal functioning again, and as long as I can
>> function, I'm good.
>
> Take care and best wishes!  Stay strong!

> [...]

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
First, thanks for the feedback on the power supply.  I more believe
that it is a power supply now, because after following a discussion
with Greg via Jabber, it looks like all the alternatives have pretty
much been ruled out.<br>
With regards to you MIL,  this recurring UTA thing started happening
with my dad close to the end.  it got tot he place where his body was
so run down that he just couldn't fight it off any more (that, plus the
fact that it wasn't easy to identify them...the thing about becoming
agitated and talking crazy was the giveaway there, too...).  Keep and
eye on her, and don't forget to tell her you love her....<br>
jb4<br>