[IWE] Embarracuda

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:51:10 -0700

Been sampling the Colorful Language which attends the announced
premeditated mire-diving trajectory of the frantic McCain ...
denouement? Triumph!?
/ via brain hæmorrhage? / via self-destruct within a next enraged
foot-in-mouth ejaculation!? (yes, it's a part-of-speech, 101)

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/10/embarracuda.html

" " " "
October 6, 2008 10:07

 Embarracuda <http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/10/embarracuda.html>

Posted by Joe Klein
<http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/10/embarracuda.html#>

I'm of two minds about how to deal with the McCain campaign's further
descent into ugliness. Their strategy is simple: you throw crap against
a wall and then giggle as the media try to analyze the putresence in a
way that conveys a sense of balance: "Well, it /is/ bull-pucky, but the
splatter pattern is interesting..." which, of course, only serves to get
your perverse message out. I really don't want to be a part of that.
But...every so often, we journalists have a duty to remind readers just
how dingy the McCain campaign, and its right-wing acolytes in the media
(I'm looking at you, Sean Hannity) have become--especially in their
efforts to divert public attention from the economic crisis we're
facing. And so inept at it: other campaigns have decided that their only
shot is going negative, but usually they don't announce it, as several
McCain aides have in recent days--there's no way we can win on the
economy, so we're going to go sludge-diving.

But since we are dealing with manure here, I'll put the rest of this
post below the fold.

[. . .]
" " " "

Further owl entrail divinations at TPM:

" " "
McCain's Epitaph?

 From the /NY Daily News/
<http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/10/05/2008-10-05_insults_fly_as_barack_obama__john_mccain.html>

   McCain's course correction reflects a growing case of nerves within
   his high command as the electoral map has shifted significantly in
   Obama's favor in the past two weeks.

   "It's a dangerous road, but we have no choice," a top McCain
   strategist told the Daily News. "If we keep talking about the
   economic crisis, we're going to lose."

--Josh Marshall

" " " "

And:

http://thefiresidepost.com/2008/10/06/mccain-the-dark-arts-of-rovian-politics/

" " " "

The campaign for President has entered a troubling time.  The McCain
Camp is stirring the pot, adding some spice, flavoring with acidic
language, hoping for a secret potion.  The stew is beginning to boil,
steam is wafting, dark clouds forming, and the warlock is pleased.  The
dark arts of Rovian politics never produce positive results.  Dark Arts
bring out the worst in people - The Secret Service should be on alert.

The stew is poison.  With temporary relief from pain, the long term
affects are overlooked.  Poisoning the political discourse encourages
the loonies to come out to play.
Properly mixed, the secret potion can turn Obama into a terrorist, a
warmonger, a comrade to Putin and Ohmydidhesayjihad, a mixed race person
with Chinese lineage, a closet communist, and perhaps even challenge his
sexual preferences.  The ultimate in character transformation would be
to cast Obama as a Liberal.

The road to the white house is made of yellow bricks.  Every turn brings
a new danger.  The winged monkeys are flying.  And the winged monkeys
are eager to please their master.  Winged monkeys do not have good
judgment - they act on instinct - and they are dangerous.

[. . .]
" " " "

Will second,  /"The Secret Service should be on alert."/

Prediction from sigma Aberrant Psych, all ever observed of that, since
teenhood:
*Kill Obama!!* is soon to be ... just a stone's throw away, couched from
~ repetitive innuendo on-up-to: bald-faced Saying That.

( My Gramma was nutzo, but NOTHING like Hannity, the (new) /Human
Events/ troglodytes + the amplification via techno of the spewing of
Hate-e-mail and robot diallers. Just throw in the WORRY over *MY-$$$*, a
televangelist (and some cheap beer.))

Besides: whomEver gets called PotUS next will have those Augean Stables
to clean -- after the ordure has been epoxied over with explosive squibs
with time-delays, placed randomly in the setting-up veneer.  And
Consumers everywhere shall be name-calling when he doesn't make it all
well and restore Shopping as the national raison d'etre. NOW! Kid.

Like Obama as an intelligent, likely non-toxic well-intending person? --
then hope he doesn't Win ...
(if he lives - goes without saying, from here on out.)

I ain't 'scared', merely disgusted at: just a tad over 40 years, since
the last (known) local rub-out.