[IWE] Could Brokaw be any more obviously in McCain's pocket?

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 07 Oct 2008 23:14:40 -0700

My take -

Brokaw appears to have aged considerably since last I saw him opining
(at any length.)
His mannerisms were a bit off-putting and whatever is going on in his
cerebrum may account for the favoritism (intentional or thoughtless?)
-- also ~account for the inept performance in managing the whole show
and, particularly -- settling for such lame questions.

Hard to accept that those open-ended questions encoraging easy
bloviation, were culled from thousands -- by anyone who has pased
Culling 101.  Though the one 'allowed' near the end, "Why should I trust
either of you"
-- could have been run with.

It ought properly to have been answered exactly as Cary Grant replied
(to the divine Audrey's almost identically phrased query, in
//Charade//) -- and with identical voice inflection - -

/*I can't think of a single reason why you should/* ... ...

 From such a sententious admission - one could, after suitable pause ...
move on to suggest a few "But...s"
That reply would have been arresting, obviously True - thus Memorable.
Neither grasped that opportunity.  (Either.)
(Probably Obama is too young to have encountered Audrey or the movie;
presumably though - McCain should have done.)

I had hoped for Obama to bait McC sufficiently, at some point -- rubbing
nose in his Keating Five shame, say -- to precipitate the
ANGER-breakdown which is so evidently an incipient aspect of his psyche:
as to suffice for creation of a teachable course on his example.
It was there, simmering all night.  No such luck there, either.

Given the success of the neocons at every stage along the lengthy and
horrific path of dismantling of the infra- and ultra- structures of the
place, perhaps only psychopathic personalities Can deal with the daily
litany of deflections,  of euphemistic phrasing around critical problems
-- demanded in Murican politics, especially for Numero Uno.

No One at the level of Pres. politics Ever dares to address directly,
sincerely and emphatically the Self-caused nature of most of our
afflictions and the fact that our 'national character' has become as
trashy as it IS: because That News IS so BAD.

A public in perpetual denial demands icons who most always soothe and
flatter with jingoistic blab.  Which is what got us where we