[IWE] what fannie freddie crisis

Peter Whysall iwe@warhead.org.uk
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:10:21 +0100 (BST)

> For now , temporarily -- this list IS micro-IWE, thanks entirely to the
> kilowatts and other generosity of Peter.

While I'd love to bathe in the glory of this statement, it isn't entirely
true; props are due to Mike Vitale, who is my co-conspirator and fellow
listadmin.

TBH, you lot aren't a particularly demanding bunch to look after, listwise.

You occasionally send mail from non-subbed addresses, and occasionally
with slightly oversized attachments, but that's about it.

On a side note: I'm too old, these days, to get excited about plaintext
only mail and other such rules. Yeah, I think we all prefer plain text and
bottom posting, but the HTML emitted by Mail and other clients is pretty
innocuous, and I don't see, from the X-Mailer headers, that we have anyone
who reads this list from the far end of a dialup terminal connection. Top
posting is pretty much enforced, sadly, on anyone using webmail.

Hey ho. Content is king.