[IWE] This looks like Peter's work....

Christian Conrad iwe@warhead.org.uk
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:16:33 +0300 (EEST)

Jim Nuytens [n3jja@verizon.net] scribbled (or, more probably, cut-and-pasted):
>   To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign  Majesty Queen Elizabeth  II
>
> 10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as
> good guys.   Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to
> play English characters.  Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English
> dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having
> one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

Well, to be fair, IIRC her character was actually supposed to be a Yank (or is that Yankess? Yankette?), so I don't think she ever actually did attempt to speak Real English. Or if she did, then only in a way that was internally consistent with the story: This visiting Yank(-ess/-ette/WTFE) would be fully expected to make a hash of it.

Otherwise, Her Majesty is of course perfectly correct and reasonable on every count, and an incredibly generous offer it is that she's making.

  God save the Queen!

    The humble knight, Sir Cyclic