[IWE] James Fallows on Palin

Rand Careaga iwe@warhead.org.uk
Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:07:40 -0700

--Boundary_(ID_To6+J2GzhXI1+wPckOyENA)

(Fallows is a pretty levelheaded guy, former Carter speechwriter =20
turned journalist; very interested in aviation issues; has spent much =20=

time in the Far East. He spoke in Berkeley the other day=97alas, the =20
call of duty kept me chained to my workstation at BDS)

Longish piece by browsing standards (about four screens worth), but =20
worth the read. My favorite line:

> After thirty years of meeting and interviewing politicians, I can =20
> think of exactly three people who sounded as uninformed and vacant =20
> as this. All are now out of office. One was a chronic drunk.

cordially,

--Boundary_(ID_To6+J2GzhXI1+wPckOyENA)

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">(Fallows is a pretty =
levelheaded guy, former Carter speechwriter turned journalist; very =
interested in aviation issues; has spent much time in the Far East. He =
spoke in Berkeley the other day=97alas, the call of duty kept me chained =
href=3D"http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/09/to_be_specifi=
c_about_palin_and.php#more">Longish piece</a>&nbsp;by browsing standards =
(about four screens worth), but worth the read. My favorite =
years of meeting and interviewing politicians, I can think of exactly =
three people who sounded as uninformed and vacant as this. All are now =