[IWE] Tom Tomorrow

D. Scott Katzer iwe@warhead.org.uk
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:35:14 -0400

Hi Ashton,

Ashton Brown wrote:
> http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2008/09/30/tomo/index.html?source=newsletter

:-)

Tom's relatively light touch on that one was well done.

> Elsewhere, People Want to Know:
> /With the new hairdo - exactly How shall she be wired for The Debates?/

I'm glad that Gwen Ifill is the moderator - she should shine in this
setting.

As for how Palin does, I dunno.  Expectations are so low now, and she
did a reasonably good job in the Alaska gubernatorial debates, so I'm
sure her supporters will find a way be pleased.  (I'm sure they've
already got the talking points and bumper stickers on the way to the
printers.)  If she does have a gaffe, there will be many supporters
who'll claim that Biden was mean or that it was another instance of
"gotcha journalism" or whatever.

In the end, I don't think it'll be a seismic event in the campaign, just
another few bits of straw on McCain's back...

But we'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.