[IWE] Lost us?

Ashton Brown iwe@warhead.org.uk
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:42:19 -0800

I'm sure I read, early-on that.. there was a Real Backup made ~ 12/07
--> early '08?.  By Admin?
Can this be confirmed?

Unthinkable that *everything* through Year 0 could.. even possibly have
become toast!
-- given the level of (incidents, skepticism of) RAID-lore extant + the
communal {wink/nudge} disdain,
the chortling every time a newbie is reported:  with his 8-year novel
MSS. On a brick ... and No Backups.

Irretrievable -- those *searchable*  n-hours of collective research  ??
(EZBoard contents evanesced, but for a certain period a one could have
saved, all-unorganized, a few gems - if not the threads.)

Recent solemn-quip heard, "when somebody dies, it is as if a library has
been burned down."
Commutative logic seems to apply.

Ashton
Sic transit Gloria mundane