[IWE] Linux != Threat anymore to Windows

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Fri Aug 12 17:06:51 BST 2011

Indeed, that was my thought exactly. Apple is now *larger* than
Microsoft, yet while not being ONLY software centric. Apple have become
a Juggernaut in the devices realm and since OSX and iOS operate *VERY*
similarly (but not *the* same)... it is scaring Microsoft and rightly
so.

Microsoft's biggest threat right now, is indeed Apple and Google.

Apple for eating its lunch and looking at dinner next. Google for doing
what it can't do and cooperate with most everyone with a noticeable
degree of success. Though not without some people loudly complaining
about Apple and/or Google.

Personally, I still think Linux' time is coming, now that Microsoft has
blinked and taken their eye off the ball. Linux can now grow like
gangbusters, now that the focus is off it and seeing the Microsoft can't
really seem to track three balls, let alone two, successfully.

Cheers!

greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C

"Every failure is a step to success."
    -- William Whewell