[Box Backup-dev] Missing libs when building on Solaris

Stefan Norlin boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:54:47 +0100

> Are you compiling with gcc on Solaris? And are you using the Sun linker
> or GNU ld? Certainly on linux with GNU ld the .so dependencies are
> followed automatically.

gcc, yes, but using SUN's ld (/usr/ccs/bin/ld).

On sunfreeware it says for binutils that "sometime using Sun ld is better".
I do not know exactly how to interpret that.

Anyway, I tried to remove the AC_SEARCH lines again, install
binutils and use GNU ld. bootstrap, configure and compile.

Same problem. Those symbols were not resolved. The nsl and socket
libs were not added.

Stefan