[Box Backup-dev] Win32 build

Gary boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:18:06 -0800 (PST)

Chris,

> That's not what I meant. Building Box with MinGW (on Windows) requires
> Cygwin, but you don't need Cygwin to run it - it's a native build.

Ahhh, I see now, sorry. So this is native MinGW vs. native VS2K5.

> Martin pointed out. I think we should try to auto-generate the VS2005
> project files and win32.bat as part of the release process.

How about auto-generating some kind of a VS2K5 preprocessor file, and relying on "manual" VS2K5
project file creation? Would be much less work, and would still allow for VS2K5-only builds. VS2K5
is way easier to work with when it comes to debugging, etc. than any other complier...

Gary