[Box Backup-dev] Win32 dist, bb-save-state merged, MSVC files? (was: COMMIT r348 - in box/chris/bb-save-state: . bin/bbackupd lib/common lib/server)

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:28:20 +0000

On 2 Feb 2006, at 22:47, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
>> Now, where are these new MSVC project files? If they're easy to
>> get out (which I'm not sure they are on their own) then let's get
>> them in. It may just be easier if Chris just checks them into
>> trunk. If only the Win32 project files are touched, then I have no
>> problems whatsoever.
>
> Sorry, I know I'm a bit late, as I thought I would be (it's been a
> busy week).
>
> You can find just those files at [http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/
> chris/win32/vc2005-compile-fixes/infrastructure/msvc/2005/], but
> it's not enough to make Box compile on MSVC by itself. I'm working
> on cleaning up the whole vc2005-compile-fixes branch so that it can
> be approved for merging, I hope.

Great, thanks.

>> What Win32 files should I include in the release candidate?
>
> All these, and everything in lib/win32 and test/win32, please.

I've adjusted how lib/win32 and test/win32 are included.

On a related note, is this relevant and in the right place?

   http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/trunk/bin/bbackupd/win32/

I can't think of a totally convincing place for it, but contrib and
infrastructure seem better to me.

Ben