[Box Backup-dev] COMMIT r348 - in box/chris/bb-save-state: . bin/bbackupd lib/common lib/server

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 18:03:33 +0000

On 4 Feb 2006, at 17:08, Chris Wilson wrote:

> Hi Ben,

>>>  Yes, including updated project files for VS2005 as you pointed
>>> out  (vc2005-compile-fixes). But I'm not too bothered if they
>>> don't make it  into 0.10.
>>
>> If they're there, why not? What's the diff to be merged?
>
> svn diff http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/trunk \
> 	http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/win32/vc2005-compile-fixes

I'm not sure that's quite right, as that diff will remove stuff from
trunk. Which trunk revision was vc2005-compile-fixes copied from?

This does get a bit confusing.

>> I can believe it. ACLs are complex things, so the API is going to
>> be tricky, I suppose. But then you want nice defaults which don't
>> cause problems for developers, don't you?
>
> Or at least good sample code, under a permissive license :-) If
> Microsoft wants to improve their security reputation, it should be
> a high priority for them to make it as easy as possible - and
> secure by default.

Ah well.

Ben