[Box Backup-dev] win32 review

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:59:45 +0000

On 13 Feb 2006, at 01:19, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 17:21 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
>> On 12 Feb 2006, at 16:06, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
>>> Why do we have this strange distribution system where the location
>>> of the contrib directory changes? Can it be fixed? Otherwise, can I
>>> put contrib stuff somewhere other than under distribution/boxbackup?
>>
>> I make multiple distributions from a single tree. It would get very
>> messy if things were done differently.
>
> Is this still true now that box is in its own svn?

Well, no. But it would be nice to me to be able to pull back the
changes to other stuff I've done, and if we want to promote it as
"yet another UNIX framework" then it's essential.

> Could it be special
> cased in the release script code? I must admit it seems a little odd,
> and it would be nice for svn to match the tar releases where possible.
> eg. It would make building packages from tars of svn the same as from
> official tars without any special cases.

The release script also adds the license to files. And you can't just
tar up a SVN checkout because of the doubling of size. So you've got
to use a script at some point to make it consistent.

Ben