[Box Backup-dev] Objections to 0.10 release?

Ben Summers boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:30:25 +0000

On 21 Feb 2006, at 16:07, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> Ben Summers <ben@fluffy.co.uk> wrote:
>> Does anyone have any objections to a 0.10 release from trunk at r483?
>>
>> Looking over the test results, it seems good enough to me. There
>> are  a few minor issues, but nothing affecting major platforms.
>>
>> NetBSD is stuffed, of course. Martin -- can you commit something
>> undefine HAVE_KQUEUE on NetBSD? I'm not sure what's the best way
>> of  doing this in the new autoconf system. After 0.10 we can do
>> this  properly by detecting the NetBSD way and doing something
>> slightly  different.
>
> NetBSD has two issues kqueue and statfs. I don't have any access to
> netbsd so can't make a tested fix.

Ah, good point. Yes, it's more broken than I had remembered.

> I sent emails on each of these issues with half a patch & some
> guidance for someone with access to fix these (neither should be
> hard) last night but they bounced. I'll resend the emails if the
> list is now working again.
>
> There's also the ssl configure patch which I think would help
> solaris out. I have a (hopefully) fixed version I also tried to
> send last night.

Worth waiting a little while for those, if anyone wants to do them.
It would be nice to have those two platforms, especially Solaris as
so much work has gone into it.

> I don't really mind you releasing as is, but if it is possible for
> people to help out & fix these 3 issues in a couple of days I think
> it would be better. I'm very wary of any more delays though so I'd
> be inclined to put a short fixed time limit on that.

OK then... At 8pm GMT on Thursday 23 Feb 2006 I will release trunk as
0.10 unless someone demonstrates a showstopper before then.

Ben