[Box Backup-dev] Objections to 0.10 release?

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:38:20 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Martin Ebourne wrote:

>>  Does anyone have any objections to a 0.10 release from trunk at r483?

Not really, but would you mind if I built the win32 binary from my
general-fixes branch rather than trunk? I think the command socket fixes
are worth having. Or I can produce binaries of both, and let people
decide.

> NetBSD has two issues kqueue and statfs. I don't have any access to
> netbsd so can't make a tested fix. I sent emails on each of these issues
> with half a patch & some guidance for someone with access to fix these
> (neither should be hard) last night but they bounced. I'll resend the
> emails if the list is now working again.

I have non-root access to a NetBSD box and I can do debugging on there. I
managed to compile successfully after disabling HAVE_KQUEUE (no statfs
issues on NetBSD 2.0.2) but some tests are failing.

> I don't really mind you releasing as is, but if it is possible for
> people to help out & fix these 3 issues in a couple of days I think it
> would be better. I'm very wary of any more delays though so I'd be
> inclined to put a short fixed time limit on that.

I'm also in favour of getting the release out sooner rather than later.