[Box Backup-dev] Errors with trunk client (Win32)

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:22:06 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Roy,

>>  This version is compiled with VS2003 from the trunk source of Sunday.
>>  bbackupd was running (not in service mode, but just in a Dos-box), so I
>>  could see what was happening.
>>  The backup mode was snapshot, so I had to use the bbackupctl command to
>>  issue a sync command to bbackupd. As soon as I issue that command the
>>  error appears. The errors (very very many flashing down the screen, all
>>  the same) are seen in the bbackupd window and when I kill that process
>>  bbackupctl repeats that error one time.
>>
>>  I hope this is all information needed.

Sorry, I still can't reproduce it with the current trunk built with VS2005
(I don't have VS2003). However, the code in WinNamedPipeStream has changed
a lot (hopefully for the better) in my "general" branch. Please could you
test that with VS2003 and let me know if it fixes the problem?

You can find it at: [http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/chris/general].

Otherwise, please could you send the complete output of bbackupd, up to
the point of the first SocketAlreadyOpen exception? And let me know which
branch you were using, general or trunk.