[Box Backup-dev] NetBSD patches?

Per Thomsen boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:24:58 -0800

On 2/22/06 3:19 PM, Per Thomsen wrote:
> On 2/22/06 3:06 PM, Ben Summers wrote:
>
>> What's happening with NetBSD support?
>>
>> I think the test failures Per reported are not ideal but OK, because
>> it sorts itself out shortly afterwards. In the end, everything gets
>> backed up. So that support is worth having.
>>
>> The clock's ticking!  :-)
>>
> I'm sorry. I have been busy for the last day or so.
>
> Missing items:
>
>     * disabling of HAVE_KQUEUE on NetBSD 2.0.2? I saw no difference in
>       the test results on 3.0 with or without it. Or should it be for
>       all NetBSDs?
>     * The EV_SET cast issues. I'll test doing it in a different way, to
>       avoid having boat-loads of ifdefs, for every EV_SET call. Maybe a
>       macro of some kind. I know you were concerned about 64-bit
>       safeness as well, with the current patch casting to an int.

[red in the face] I realize now, that if HAVE_KQUEUE is disabled for
NetBSD, these casting issues will 'go away'. Sorry...

So the only thing left is for me to work out how to undef HAVE_KQUEUE in
configure.ac.

When I have that done, I will create a clean patch for trunk (?), and
have that commited. Will have that in a few (8-10) hours.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561