[Box Backup-dev] Future work

Chris Wilson boxbackup-dev@fluffy.co.uk
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:57:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

Than you Ben for the brilliant ideas and great start to the proposals. I
agree with Martin's assessment. I also have a couple of suggestions, which
I've added to the wiki page, tagged with my name.

> - Making the underlying box libraries into shared libs so that other
> projects (eg. boxi) can use them easily without having to bastardise the
> box source. Other possible build things such as supporting PREFIX etc
> properly.

I don't mind linking statically against them as at present. Until and
unless the Boxi changes are merged, I will have to build against a
modified tree anyway, but the modifications are really new features and
build system fixes, not strictly necessary to link against Box.

Please let me know if you would like to assign me any new feature to work
on, either for 0.11 or 0.20. I'm about to go to Ghana for three months,
where I will have limited connectivity but probably a lot of time to work
on Box and Boxi.