[Box Backup] redhat 7.3 + another issue

boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:04:08 -0500

> You can manually add compile and link options to the configured
> script, see
>
>    http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/install.html
>
> You'd do something like
>
>    ./configure compile:-I/usr/local/openssl/include
> link:-L/usr/local/openssl/lib

Yeah,I didn't read that till afterwards.  no big deal.  It would have been
much easier if I had done as you said.  but it also got me to upgrade openssl
0.9.7 to the latest subversion

> perhaps... the paths are all dependent on your system.

I think if installed manually, openssl always installs to the
/usr/local/openssl dir. and normal Configure scripts usually assume
/usr/local/openssl i think.

> I think you subscribed a little to late to read this
>
>    http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2004-March/000140.html
>
> which is a version which has experimental support for old versions
> of OpenSSL. It's not pretty or terribly efficient, but seems to work.

thanks, but I didn't actually want to use 0.9.6.

I had this problem.  I tried on a redhat 8.0 box, (which had the same problem
with openssl as above, but after fixing that...), compile had problem with
readline.  problem is on the redhat 8.0 mahcine I have mysql installed, and it
comes with readline support, it seems.  so the makebuildenv.pl script was
picking up both readline.h in /usr/include/mysql/ and /usr/include/readline/ .
I moved the mysql directory out of /usr/include, reran configure, and that got
it to finish compiling.

Imran