[Box Backup] Some weirdness with bbackupctl

Marco Bartholomew boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:20:44 -0500

I was having some trouble with a machine running the client daemon.  It
had been running properly, but for some reason, my nightly cron job
(bbackupctl -q sync) quit working.  The cron log showed the job running,
and I had deliberately uploaded some files to one of the backed-up
directories to test, but the log on the server side showed no attempt at
a login by the client.

I discovered that issuing the command directly wasn't working either,
unless I issued it twice in succession.

After doing a stop/start on the client daemon, it appears to be working
properly now.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

This was in Linux (2.4 kernel) using the 0.08PLUS2 release (for both
bbstored and bbackupd.)

Thanks much,

Marco