[Box Backup] free(): invalid pointer

Dennis Heltzel boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:52:41 -0500 (EST)

> Could you post the offending configuration file? I'd like to make sure
> it doesn't cause the parser to fail in such a dramatic way!

This is the part the I've changed from the default. If I remove the "opt"
clause, it runs, but with it it segfaults, very odd.

BackupLocations
{
        root
        {
                Path = /root
        }
        home
        {
                Path = /home
        }
        opt
        {
                Path = /opt
        }
}

> I'm not happy about the invalid pointer business. Is there any chance
> you could stick a breakpoint on free and try and discover what is
> calling free to emit that error?

Umm, I could be in over my head. Let me try it on a different system that
I have more freedom with, and if I can reproduce the errors, I'll give you
ssh access to look at it in person. Or, you could send more debug
instructions like the last time.

> Thanks for spending the time to help with fixing this bug.

I don't mind doing the debugging, but I feel less than qualified. I'm
wondering if there is something broken on the Linux system. It's a test
system I use at work and it gets a lot of stuff installed and uninstalled
(not all OSS is of high quality). If it works without error on another
system, then it's probably that.

Dennis