[Box Backup] Win32 client and snapshot mode?

Per Thomsen boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:09:28 -0800

Hi,
I have been trying to get the snapshot mode to work on the win32 client
(0.08h),
to no avail. It seems that bbackupctl somehow is unable to connect to
the command socket of bbackupd. Here's the error message I get when I
run 'bbackupctl.exe sync':

    Failed to connect to daemon control socket.
    Possible causes:
       * daemon not running
       * daemon busy syncing with store server
       * another bbackupctl process is communicating with the server
       * daemon is waiting to recover from an error
    Failed to connect to command socket

I don't know anything about sockets on windows, but I ran 'netstat -ba'
and it appears that bbackupd.exe is listening on TCP port 9035.

So I telnetted to port 9035 on 127.0.0.1, and I was able to start a sync
(by typing 'sync'). But I can't get bbackupctl.exe to do it. Has anyone
been able to get bbackupctl to work?

I changed the following parameters in my config file:

AutomaticBackup = no
UpdateStoreInterval = 0
MinumumFileAge = 0
MaxUploadWait = 0

The 'CommandSocket' parameter is commented out in the file that is
installed, but I don't know what to change it to, to make bbackupctl work.

Thanks in advance,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen@reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561