[Box Backup] RPM specfile problem with RHEL 3.3 and Kerberos

Martin Ebourne boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:52:11 +0000

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:31 -0800, Ian Neubert wrote:
> I was just testing out boxbackup on my RHEL 3 server and found a compatibility
> problem in the configure script in checking for the kerberos include files.
>
> RHEL 3 puts those in /usr/kerberos/include, so I just changed line 75 in
> contrib/rpm/boxbackup.spec to read:
>
> ./configure compile:-I/usr/kerberos/include
>
> Not ideal, but maybe this could be changed cleaner elsewhere?

Box doesn't use kerberos, so presumably the headers were being included
by openssl. It would be interesting to see the error you got so we could
find out which header was being included from where.

I'm guessing it was krb5.h, which is in /usr/include on fedora. It would
be interesting to know where that is in RHEL4, whether it follows the
previous RHEL3 or matches fedora.

Cheers,

Martin.
--