[Box Backup] RPM specfile problem with RHEL 3.3 and Kerberos

Ian Neubert boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:18:17 -0800

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 12:52 am, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:31 -0800, Ian Neubert wrote:
> > I was just testing out boxbackup on my RHEL 3 server and found a
> > compatibility problem in the configure script in checking for the
> > kerberos include files.
> >
> > RHEL 3 puts those in /usr/kerberos/include, so I just changed line 75 in
> > contrib/rpm/boxbackup.spec to read:
> >
> > ./configure compile:-I/usr/kerberos/include
> >
> > Not ideal, but maybe this could be changed cleaner elsewhere?
>
> Box doesn't use kerberos, so presumably the headers were being included
> by openssl. It would be interesting to see the error you got so we could
> find out which header was being included from where.

Yup, openssl was calling krb5.h and not finding it:

In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from SSLLib.cpp:52:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from SSLLib.cpp:52:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: 'krb5_enctype' is used as a type, but is not
   defined as a type.

> I'm guessing it was krb5.h, which is in /usr/include on fedora. It would
> be interesting to know where that is in RHEL4, whether it follows the
> previous RHEL3 or matches fedora.

I just checked an RHEL4 build and it puts krb5.h in /usr/include.

-Ian