[Box Backup] Directory mtime, etc.

Nick Knight boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:24:13 -0000

Speaking win32 I haven't implemented to storage of any file attributes,
this needs doing, most people are concerned with simply backing up the
documents! It would be useful to sort out though, I would like to
implement backup up the ACL security attributes of a file.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk [mailto:boxbackup-admin@fluffy.co.uk]
On Behalf Of Joe Krahn
Sent: 21 December 2004 03:22
To: boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Subject: [Box Backup] Directory mtime, etc.

Are directory attributes only partly supported, i.e. no mtime storage?
If so, any plans to change this?

Directory attributes probably need to be stored in a seperate file on=20
the server; I don't know if this is already the case.

The contents of that file could also hold per-directory settings, sort=20
of like .htaccess files in apache, except that it's in a special file on

the backup server. This would be one way to handle complicated=20
exclusion/inclusion lists, by splitting them up into sveral smaller
parts.

Joe Krahn