[Box Backup] Script to look for clients that fail to log in

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:46:27 +0100

On 2 Jun 2004, at 05:37, rprice@freeshell.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just created a script that will watch the syslogs and complain if a
> backup client does not call in within a predetermined time.
>
> Actually, it will look for any patterned dropouts in any given syslog
> file, but the above is it's primary purpose for me right now.

You are aware that is bbackupd does not find any changes in the file
system, it won't bother to connect to the server?

If you want to ensure that bbackupd does connect on every sync, setup a
cron job to touch a directory. (not a file, otherwise you'll get
unnecessary uploads of data)

Ben