[Box Backup] windows binaries

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:22:43 +0100

Box Backup on Windows status:

I haven't actually managed to get it compiling under Cygwin -- I worked
with Paul Arch on this with the rather interesting process of him
reporting errors and patches, and me attempting to integrate them
successfully. My Cygwin install appears to be "special purpose" and
modified by an embedded device vendor to be extra exciting, and I don't
dare touch it for fear of breaking something.

Paul did mention he was going to write up some info on running under
Cygwin on a web page somewhere, but I suspect real work got in the way.
If anyone does any Box Backup related web pages, I'd like to link to
them from the main web site.

I do hope to do a proper Windows port at some time, with decent UI and
everything. However, it's not a huge priority at the moment.

Ben

PS: If you do decide to distribute binaries, then check out Inno Setup
for an easy way to produce a decent installer.