[Box Backup] Exception: Connection TLSHandshakeFailed (7/30)

Ben Summers boxbackup@fluffy.co.uk
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:54:53 +0000

On 5 Nov 2004, at 11:54, Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Remco Poelstra wrote:
>> Yes, I did. My syslog conf can be found here:
>> http://www.beryllium.net/~remco/syslog.conf
>> My /var/log looks like:
>> -rw-rw-rw root root box
>> -rw-r--r-- root root raidfile
>
> I checked my /var/log/syslog and I see that bbstored puts some
> information there:
> bbstored[xxxx]: Starting daemon (config: /etc/box/bbstored.conf)
> (version 0.08)
>
> That's all there is.

After you telnet to port 2201, type some characters and then close the
connection. In the bbstored log, you should see a message about an
incoming connection. Once you get to that stage, we can problem solve
things further. But until then, the connection isn't even getting to
the Box Backup code, so there's nothing we can do.

Are you behind a firewall? Are you running a packet filter?

What happens if you attempt to connect to the server, from a shell
running on that server? What happens if you ask bbstored to listen on
localhost, and then connect to that from that same shell? You should at
least get something in the logs.

Ben